Located at only 1h ½ distance from Kathmandu, this excursion is a wonderful 2-day immersion in Nepalese culture and legends. Between Buddhism and Hinduism, this hilly region is one of our favorites, hosting some of the oldest temples of Nepal and magnificent rural life contrasting with the modern and tumultuous life of Kathmandu. Welcome to the land of the tangerine…
Practical information :
- Day 1 : 8h in the morning, your guide will collect you at your suitable place for a 1h ½ drive to Dhulikhel where you will go for a short walk up to a huge statue of Buddha in the heart of the forest. Then you will continue your travel to Namo Buddha, located another ½h drive from Dhulikhel. On the way, you will take a nice lunch in the wonderful Namo Buddha Resort. You will arrive to Namo Buddha at approx. 3 PM to assist to the afternoon ceremony. A unforgettable moment. Then you will get free time to go around the site which is incredible. Overnight on the site, in a guesthouse handled by the monks. You will also have the privilege to take your dinner in the monks’ canteen and enjoy a vegetarian meal.
- Day 2 : 6 AM, you will assist to the morning ceremony and then take your breakfast with the monks. Namo Buddha is known as the place where Buddha would have shown the greatest compassion by giving his body to a tiger and her 5 hungry babies. You will then discover this story by a short walk on the site. The day will continue with a short walk to Balthali through the forest. Lunch will be taken in a beautiful resort of Balthali. Then your car will take you to Panauti where you stay for about 2h visiting the ancient area of the city. This place is representative of the Newari culture, illustrating a subtle mixture of the Buddhist and Hinduist religions. The car will finally drop you back to Kathmandu with an arrival expected at around 6 to 7 PM.
Is included in the price :
- 2 days transports by private vehicle.
- All meals in a full board basis, excluding cold drinks, tiffin and snacks.
- 3 teas or coffees per day (when available).
- All entries fees as per the program.
- French / English speaking cultural guide.
- A welcome gift with practical details of your trip and more...
- 1 night in the monastery guesthouse (simple room offering all facilities)*.
- All taxes.
*Please note that it is also possible to stay in the charming Namo Buddha Resort for more comfort (in option).
Both accommodations are subject to availability condition at the time of your booking.
(per person - 2 people in room sharing basis)
*Namo Buddha Resort (extra) : NPR. 7,500 –
Comfort range :
Price may decrease significantly as per service quality requirements and group size.
Book your trip :