Located at 2 to 3h distance from Kathmandu, Kulekhani is a new and still unknown very interesting week-end destination. In 2 days, we invite you to the southern countryside of Kathmandu surroundings, in a very pleasant hilly area hosting a wonderful lake and some beautiful natural swimming spots, especially from April to October. Don’t forget to taste the local fish dhal bhat and to cross the lake through the suspended bridge ! A simple week-end to the essentials, ideal for families with children…
Practical information :
- Day 1 : 7h in the morning, your guide will collect you at your suitable place for a 2 to 3h drive to Kulekhani Lake (Markhu). The road to access the locality is wonderful. On the way, short photo break on a high spot opening the view to the whole lake. Then you will have a 2h walk around, more precisely crossing the lake through the huge suspended bridge and then coming back by a cruise in a rowboat. The place is peaceful and is well appreciated by young Nepalis celebrating there week-end. After a local fish dhal bhat, you will be accommodated in your hotel on the site, and the rest of the day will be free for enjoying the swimming-pool or continuing the visit by your own (Thadokhola waterfall, village,…). Overnight in hotel De Lake View.
- Day 2 : 9 AM, after a “short” transfer of approx.. 1h, you will arrive in Sisneri locality and its funny attraction : a natural swimming-pool in a crystal clear river. This place is ideal for a picnic and children will enjoy to play in the water populated with many fishes ! A short walk in the surroundings is also possible, such as going a bit above the swimming spot. It is a quiet day that we suggest you today. A day dedicated to water enjoyment which is never possible in Kathmandu. Then we will drop you back to Kathmandu at approx. 6 PM.
Is included in the price :
- 2 days transports by private vehicle.
- All meals in a full board basis, excluding cold drinks, tiffin and snacks.
- 3 teas or coffees per day (when available).
- All entries fees as per the program.
- French / English speaking cultural guide.
- A welcome gift with practical details of your trip and more...
- 1 night in Hotel De Lake View (simple room offering all facilities)*.
- All taxes.
*Please note that this hotel is known as the best hotel of the locality and is usually dedicated to local tourists. Rooms are good enough and the swimming-pool is really agreeable for a week-end, though the quality standard is not comparable with other tourist places of Nepal.
(per person - 4 people in room sharing basis)
Children less than 5 years are free of charge
Comfort range :
Price may decrease significantly as per service quality requirements and group size.
Book your trip :