Located at only 1h ½ distance from Kathmandu, this excursion is a wonderful 2-day immersion in the wilderness of Nepal. You will first be dropped to Kakani and its magnificent view on the Himalaya, you will then experience a night stay in a very charming guesthouse located in the heart of the forest. The day after will lead you in a day-hike down to Budhanikantha and its beautiful living environment. Preserved nature, amazing views on both mountains and Kathmandu Valley, you will surely be happy of that week-end !
Practical information :
- Day 1 : 8h in the morning, your guide will collect you at your suitable place for a 1h ½ drive to Kakani (2030m) where you will go for a day-walk in the forest with some amazing view-points on the Himalaya. You will then arrive to Gurje Bhanjyang (2075m) where your accommodation is waiting for you. Then you will get free time to go around the site which is incredible. Overnight on the site, in a charming guesthouse located in the heart of the forest. There are several hotels in the area, but we consider this one as the most original.
- Day 2 : 8 AM, you will go for a day-walk through the Shivapuri National park down to Budhanilkantha. This parc is known for hosting a huge variety or birds and butterflies. The south facing walk will today let you have a magnificent view on the Kathmandu Valley where you will reach by walk. If you are brave enough, the itinerary could lead you to the starting point of the river Bagmati, the holiest river of Nepal. While arriving in Budhanilkantha, a short visit is compulsory as it is an interesting historical place and the local life style and environment show a totally different aspect of the Kathmandu tumultuous life. The car will finally drop you back to your place in only 30 minutes, with an arrival expected at around 6 PM.
Is included in the price :
- 2 days transports by private vehicle.
- All meals in a full board basis, excluding cold drinks, tiffin and snacks.
- 3 teas or coffees per day (when available).
- All entries fees as per the program.
- French / English speaking cultural guide.
- 1 porter for your bags (up to 20 kg).
- A welcome gift with practical details of your trip and more...
- 1 night in the Bardalinn Resort (simple room offering all facilities)*.
- All taxes.
*Please note that it is also possible to stay in more comfortable or simple hotels in the area. Ours is estimated to be in the upper-middle category.
Accommodation is subject to availability condition at the time of your booking.
(per person - 2 people in room sharing basis)
Comfort range :
Price may decrease significantly as per service quality requirements and group size.
Book your trip :